If you own a Canon printer and wonder ‘Why is my canon printer offline?’ then, you are on the right page, keep scrolling for easy and versatile solutions of how to fix the Canon printer offline. Though there can be more than a particular reason for your Canon printer offline status, some of the main reasons are:
- When a reboot does not reconnect the devices
- Due to change in settings done by the auto-updated printer driver
- Wrong installation or faulty printer drivers
- Interference in the spooler service of the Canon printer
Before you get frustrated and end up buying a new printer, you must know that PrinterRepairNearMe always stands by you. Applying the below-mentioned methods will assist you in fixing the Canon printer seems offline. Go through the article and try one or more of the following methods to get to the solution of the Canon printer says offline.
Canon Printer Offline Solutions –
Try to restart the printer spooler service:
The spooler service on your system holds the responsibility to manage all the print jobs that are sent to the computer’s printer. Generally, the spooler service is visible to users. The user can cancel a print job which is being processed. To restart this service, follow the following steps:
- Press Windows + R and launch the Run application.
- Type “services.msc” in the dialogue box
- Look for “Print Spooler” in the list of services.
- Open its properties.
- Select the “Stop” button and press “Ok” to save changes.
Since you have disabled the service, now you can focus on deleting printer files.
- Press Windows + E and launch quick access.
- Click on “This PC” present.
- There are chances that you may require permission to access the folder
- Press Continue if prompted.
- Now delete all the files in the “Printer” folder and close the window.
- After that navigate back to the Services tab and Start the “Printer Spooler” service. Also, remember to keep the startup type as “Automatic”.
- Restart your system and check if the printer is connecting now
Disable the feature of Use printer offline
There are times when the users enable the feature of “Use printer offline” unknowingly. Because of this innocent mistake, you must be panicking over the Canon printer offline status popping up on your screen. To know how to disable this feature, follow these steps which are mentioned below:
- Enter the control panel in the search box from Start. Click on the Control Panel
- Select Hardware and Sound and then go for Devices and Printers.
- Click on Canon printer under the Printers catalogue.
- Choose “See what’s printing”.
- Click on “Printer” to ensure if “Use Printer Offline” is not checked.
- Select “Printer” again and this time click “Cancel All Documents”
- To make sure if your Canon printer works, print a file and check.
Reinstall the Canon printer software
At times the driver issues cause the Canon printer offline problem. To get rid of this issue reinstall the Canon printer software if the aforementioned steps did not help you come with a solution. To do so, stick to the following steps:
- Press Windows key + R key together on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Then type “devmgmt.msc” and click OK.
- Under Print queues find your “Canon printer driver”.
- After that right-click on it to choose “Uninstall device”.
- Now all you have to do is download the latest driver for your Canon printer model from the official website of Canon.
- Then install it on the system.
Solve the connection issue:
Connection issue is the most common issues behind Canon printer offline issue. You can send a notification from your system or laptop to the printer.
If the system was unable to send the notification, then you can use the following steps to have a check on the connection
Check for the USB connection –
- Remove the USB cable from your system and connect it with some other port available.
- There are chances of you getting a “USB unrecognized error” message on your computer. Simply power cycle the Canon printer and the computer once.
- You need to change the USB wire if your Canon printer still keeps going offline.
Check Wireless Connection –
- Ensure that your Wifi is connected to the Canon printer.
- In case you are using a MacBook or laptop then make sure your Windows laptop or MacBook is also connected to the same network.
- Lastly, reboot the printer, router, and the PC once.
The methods mentioned above consist of the most efficient and easier steps that will definitely fix the Canon printer offline issue but in case the aforementioned solutions did not help then you may have to get in touch with the professionals. PrinterRepairNearMe is also assisting with other printer issues like Epson printer offline, Brother printer check ink levels, Dell printer paper jam, etc. with the best solutions. Connect with our experts over a chat and fix any kind of errors.