If you are continuously receiving the pop message of your “Canon printer not responding” then there is nothing to panic. This issue may occur due to numerous reasons and causes. To know how to get a hold of this issue and know the root cause of your Canon printer not responding, continue with this life-saving article.
Solutions For Canon Printer Not Responding
Solution No. 1: In case of Canon wireless printer not responding:
At times when the printer is connected to the system wirelessly, chances are that the printer may not respond due to a communication problem. To diagnose this issue, make sure to stick to these steps:
- Press the Setup button of your Canon printer
- Now, go to the “Wireless LAN” setup and press “OK”
- Select “Easy Setup” and press “OK” again
- Go for the Access point
- Next, enter the WiFi password and press “OK”
- Insert the Setup disk in the computer
Solution No. 2: Turn the Network Discovery ON:
Most of the time, the Canon printer is not responding because of the network issue it has been facing. To gid rid of this issue, keep a check on the network as it is the network that enables the system to see other devices connected to it.
- Select the Start button on the extreme left bottom of your screen
- Now click on the Control Panel
- Select the Network and Internet
- Now select “Network and Sharing Centre”
- After that choose “Advanced Sharing settings”
- In case the Network Discovery is turned OFF, click on the radio button to turn the Network discovery ON.
Solution No. 3: Keep a check on the Printer Spooler Service:
The print spooler service is responsible for managing all the print jobs that are sent to the printer of the computer. If the service is disabled, the printer will not receive the commands and will not work eventually. Though the printer service is visible to the users and the print job lined up can also be canceled by the user itself to manage the print task.
- Click on the Start menu on the screen
- Type Services in the search box opened
- Select the Print Spooler option
- And then select properties
- Now enable the print service
Solution No. 4: Disable the third-party firewall or the security suite:
An overprotective firewall often generates the issue where the printer stops responding. Though the inbuilt solution is quite unrestrictive but the third-party antivirus suites like McAffee, Avira, AVG, etc are considered to create such problems. So many users say that they have encountered this issue and reported that their antivirus solution ended up blocking the spooler subsystem app which made the wireless connection incurable.
Solution No. 5: Use the printer troubleshooter:
The troubleshooter of windows is generally known for being unhelpful in such cases but it has helped quite a few people and you never know it can be helpful to be you as well. You need to keep the following steps in head to configure the issue of “Printer not responding”.
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run Box.
- Type “control.exe /name Microsoft.Troubleshooting”
- Press “Enter” to open Windows Troubleshoot.
- Once the troubleshoot window opens up, scroll down and select “Printer’
- Now click on “Run the troubleshooter”
- After this, the troubleshooter will detect the problem and reflect it on the screen
- If there is any inconsistency found, then you will be asked to follow repair strategies
- Now you just need to restart the computer and see if the issue is resolved.
Solution No. 6: Change the USB port:
If you are receiving a constant message of “Canon printer not responding” on your system then there might be an issue with the USB connected to it. At times, we make such innocent mistakes of not checking these minor facts. It is possible that the USB is completely fine but the port in which it is connected is not working properly. It is advisable to switch the port once. Do the following steps once and see if you get rid of the issue:
- open a Run box (Windows key + R)
- type “devmgmt.msc”
- Press “Enter” to open Device Manager.
- Expand the drop-down menu associated with the Universal Serial Bus controller
- Find the exclamation points near the icons.
- Right-click on the associated entry
- choose Uninstall device if you find any occurrence
If the aforementioned solutions did not help you, you might need to contact printer repair services near you to get rid of this problem. Printerrepairnearme.com has a professional technician team to fix all types of printer errors or issues.