If you own a Canon printer, and you are wondering why the status of your Canon printer appears offline, then keep scrolling for multiple solutions to this single problem.
Though there can be more than a single reason for your Canon printer offline status. But the below-mentioned solutions can be the way to most of the reasons and occasions because of which the status of your Canon printer seems offline. You don’t need to panic anymore and just go for the hit and trial method to get to the solution.
Canon Printer Offline Solutions –
Solution 1: Try to restart the printer spooler service:
The spooler service on your system holds the responsibility to manage all the print jobs that are sent to the computer’s printer. Generally, the spooler service is visible to users. The user can cancel a print job which is being processed. To restart this service, follow the following steps:
- Press Windows + R and launch the Run application.
- Type “services.msc” in the dialogue box
- Look for “Print Spooler” in the list of services.
- Open its properties.
- Select the “Stop” button and press “Ok” to save changes.
Since you have disabled the service, now you can focus on deleting printer files.
- Press Windows + E and launch quick access.
- Click on “This PC” present.
- There are chances that you may require permission to access the folder
- Press Continue if prompted.
- Now delete all the files in the “Printer” folder and close the window.
- After that navigate back to the Services tab and Start the “Printer Spooler” service. Also, remember to keep the startup type as “Automatic”.
- Restart your system and check if the printer is connecting now
Solution 2: Disable the feature of Use printer offline
There are times when the users enable the feature of “Use printer offline” unknowingly. Because of this innocent mistake, you must be panicking over the Canon printer offline status popping up on your screen. To know how to disable this feature, follow these steps which are mentioned below:
- Enter the control panel in the search box from Start. Click on the Control Panel
- Select Hardware and Sound and then go for Devices and Printers.
- Click on Canon printer under the Printers catalogue.
- Choose “See what’s printing”.
- Click on “Printer” to ensure if “Use Printer Offline” is not checked.
- Select “Printer” again and this time click “Cancel All Documents”
- To make sure if your Canon printer works, print a file and check.
Solution 3: Reinstall the Canon printer software
At times the driver issues cause the Canon printer offline problem. To get rid of this issue reinstall the Canon printer software if the aforementioned steps did not help you come with a solution. To do so, stick to the following steps:
- Press Windows key + R key together on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Then type “devmgmt.msc” and click OK.
- Under Print queues find your “Canon printer driver”.
- After that right-click on it to choose “Uninstall device”.
- Now all you have to do is download the latest driver for your Canon printer model from the official website of Canon.
- Then install it on the system.
Solution 4: Solve the connection issue:
Connection issue is the most common issues behind Canon printer offline issue. You can send a notification from your system or laptop to the printer.
If the system was unable to send the notification, then you can use the following steps to have a check on the connection
Check for the USB connection –
- Remove the USB cable from your system and connect it with some other port available.
- There are chances of you getting a “USB unrecognized error” message on your computer. Simply power cycle the Canon printer and the computer once.
- You need to change the USB wire if your Canon printer still keeps going offline.
Check Wireless Connection –
- Ensure that your Wifi is connected to the Canon printer.
- In case you are using a MacBook or laptop then make sure your Windows laptop or MacBook is also connected to the same network.
- Lastly, reboot the printer, router, and the PC once.
You need to get in touch with the professionals in case the solutions did not help you. Keep in mind to not get in touch with handyman and look for a trained technician for the issue you are facing. Printerrepairnearme.com has a professional staff that is trained to handle any issue faced with the printers.