Most of the printers go offline and display such status frequently which can pile up a lot of work. But there is nothing to panic as there are a number of solutions to this issue.
In case your HP printer says it is offline and has held up a lot of essential work then keep scrolling for multiple solutions to this single problem.
There can be more than one reason for your HP printer offline status. But the below-mentioned solutions can be the way out to most of the reasons and occasions.
Follow below Steps To Fix HP Printer Says Offline Issue
Solution No. 1–Reinstall the HP printer software:
The driver issues cause the HP printer offline problem sometimes. To get rid of this issue reinstall the HP printer software. To do so, follow the following steps:
- Open the Run box by pressing Windows key + R key together on your keyboard
- Now type “devmgmt.msc” in the space given
- Click OK.
- Look for your “HP printer driver” under Print Queues.
- After that right-click on it to choose “Uninstall device”.
- Now all just have to download the latest driver for your HP printer model
- Download it from the official website of HP.
- Now install it on the system
- Print to check
Solution No. 2–Disable the feature of “Use printer offline”
At times when the users enable the feature of “Use printer offline” unintentionally. You must be panicking over the HP printer offline status popping up on your screen because of such an innocent mistake. Follow these steps which are mentioned below to know how to disable this feature:
- Firstly. go to the control panel in the search box by clicking on “Start”.
- Make a selection on the Control Panel after that
- Select Hardware and Sound
- Then go for Devices and Printers.
- Under the Printers catalogue, click on the HP printer.
- Make a selection for “See what’s printing”.
- Select on “Printer” to see if “Use Printer Offline” is not checked.
- Select “Printer” again
- Click on “Cancel All Documents”
- Print a file and check to make sure if your HP printer works,
Solution No. 3 –Restart the printer spooler service:
The spooler service on your system holds the responsibility to manage all the print jobs that are sent to the computer’s printer. The printer spooler service is visible to the users generally. The user can cancel a print job which is being processed. To restart this service, follow the following steps:
- Launch the Run application
- Press Windows + R
- Type “services.msc” in the dialogue box
- Look out for “Print Spooler” visible in the list of services on the screen.
- Open its properties.
- Select the “Stop” button and press “Ok” to save changes.
Since you have disabled the service, now you can focus on deleting printer files.
- Press Windows + E and launch quick access.
- Select on “This PC” present.
- If permission is needed to access the following folder. If prompted, press Continue.
- Now delete all the files in the “Printer” folder and close the window.
- After that navigate back to the Services tab and Start the “Printer Spooler” service. Also, remember to keep the startup type as “Automatic”.
- Restart your system and check if the printer is connecting now
Solution No. 4 –Solve the connection issue:
The often ignored issue is of the connection issue. This is the most common issue behind HP printer offline issue. You can send an alert from your PC or laptop to the printer.
You can use the following steps to check the connection in case the system was unable to send the alert.
In the case of Wired connection (Check for the USB connection) –
- Disconnect the USB cable from the PC
- Now connect it to any other port available
- The “USB unrecognized error” message on your computer can be simply sought by power cycling the HP printer and the computer once.
- Change the USB wire if your HP printer keeps going offline even after performing the aforementioned steps.
In the case of Wireless Connection (Check Wireless Connection)–
- Firstly make sure that your Wifi is connected to your HP printer.
- In case you are using a MacBook or laptop then make sure your Windows laptop or MacBook is also connected to the same network.
- Lastly, reboot the printer, router, and the PC once.
- Now start all the devices and check by giving print command
These are the most efficient steps that can resolve the HP printer offline issue but in case the aforementioned solutions did not help then you may have to get in touch with the professionals.