Just like any other printer, the Epson printer can also showcase the issue of the paper jam when there is no paper in the printer. Epson printer is not the only one that is the prey of this issue. Whereas, there are more than one reasons due to which this problem is caused. The solutions to this complication are also multiple just like the causes. To know the solution to the “Epson printer paper jam”, continue reading this article:
Simple Steps To Fix –Why Does My Epson Pinter Say Paper Jam
Solution No. 1-Remove The Jammed Paper From The Printer:
This might sound obvious, but doing this solution in a correct way is mandatory. To know how to execute it, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, stop the print command, if given
- Now open the lid of the printer
- Remove the papers from the paper tray
- Now look for any paper pieces
- Remove the bits of paper if any
- Make sure that the printer paper tray is now clean
- Put back the papers in an organised manner
- Print to check if the issue is resolved
Solution No. 2-Removing A Rear access Panel:
If you can’t reach for the paper tray of your Epson printer then you can clear the rear of the printer and remove any unnecessary paper is there.
- Access the tab that is on the back of the printer or it may be on the panel itself. Once it’s located, make sure it is in the Unlocked position.
- Now ensure to remove the panel and pull out the jammed paper carefully.
- Look and clear away any bits of paper that remained in.
- Place back and secure the rear panel
Solution No. 3–Remove the two-sided print accessory and clear the paper jam:
If the solutions mentioned above did not help you then you can try this one and see if it works for you.
- Press both the “Release” buttons on both ends of the printer at the same time and remove it.
- Remove the panel and carefully pull out the jammed paper.
- Locate and clear away any small bits of paper that remained in.
- Put the module back to put it into place.
- If the problem of paper jam is cleared then you can skip the below mentioned additional steps.
- Press the button on top of the module to open the door.
- Pull out the jammed paper after removing the panel
- Clean if there are any small bits of paper that remain.
- Now, close the rear module door.
Solution No. 4-Ensure the printer carriage can move freely:
At times the printer carriage is so full that it does not move freely and the papers put for printing gets stuck. Make sure that there is enough space for the carriage to move freely.
- Unplug the power cord and disconnect the printer
- Observe the carriage and see if it moves entirely to the right side of the printer and out of sight. If the ink carriage
- If you force the carriage to move in case it’s stuck, you may harm your printer.
- Remove the ink cartridge carefully
- Remove any paper in the loading tray without removing the drawer,
- Remove the rear access door or two-sided printing accessory (module).
- Use your fingers to rotate the rollers to the top to make three full rotations
- Replace rear access door or two-sided printing accessory (module)
- Now replace the ink cartridges.
- Turn on your printer by plugging it in
Solution No. 5: Check For Paper Curls:
In case the paper is curling in an abrupt way it means it is rolling outward compared to the rollers. In such a case, there are chances that the printer rollers are not able to grab the paper properly.
- Remove all the papers from the printer tray
- Now make sure that there are no paper curls on the edge of the papers.
- De-curl all the curls from the papers
- Reload all the papers
- Use a de-roller for effective results
- Now, print to check
The aforementioned solutions are the best way out to get rid of the paper jam issue. If these solutions did not help you, then it is high time for you to connect to our printer repair services near you with an expert professional team.