Though Epson is one of the most hyped printers in the market, due to some minor issues and mishandling, the users face difficulties. The issue of the Epson printer offline has been reported multiple times.
While facing Epson printer offline windows 10 issue, the printer will print the test page but, will reflect as offline on your windows. There is no specific cause of this issue. This occurs due to various reasons and varies on the type of systems. Despite the various reasons causing the Epson printer says offline, there are a number of solutions to fix it.
Why is my Epson printer offline?
Even with advances in technology today, errors with hardware in printers are still a common occurrence for a few people. There is nothing more critical than receiving the following message, ‘Epson printer offline’ and when you don’t know how to fix it. This error occurs mostly because of
- Internet shutdown
- Wrong installation of the print device in the system
- Other hardware problems.
This article provides those various methods to learn how to fix the Epson printer offline. Follow one or more of the below-mentioned methods for the rescue to the Epson printer offline and see what works the best for you.
Epson Printer Offline Solutions
Solution No. 1
Reset the printer Spooler
The user can cancel a print job which is being processed as the spooler service is visible to the user. This service is specifically responsible for managing all the print jobs sent to the printer of the system. Once this service is reset, it will make sure that all the configurations get reset. Even the tasks on the waitlist are managed by this service.
To reset the printer spooler, go through the following steps:
- Press “Windows + R”
- Type “Services.msc” in the dialogue box
- Look for “Printer spooler” in the list on the screen
- Double click on the properties of the printer spooler
- Select the “Stop” option under the status of its properties
- Open the services once more
- Start it again
- Ensure that the startup type is set to “Automatic”
Solution No. 2
Check the USB Connection
It happens a lot of times that the connection problem raises the issue of the Epson printer offline. Sometimes the USB to which the printer and the system are interconnected is broken or has a loose connection. The wifi connection can also create the same problem and can be the reason for your Epson printer offline.
If connected to USB:
- Check whether the USB cable connection is not broken or has a loose connection.
- Remove the cable and reconnect
- If the USB cable connected to the system is not displaying any status on the screen then the chances are that the cable is damaged internally.
- Sometimes when the USB cable is not recognised, you just need to power cycle the Epson printer and the system once.
If the connection is wireless:
- Sometimes due to the network connection compatibility, the Epson printer may appear offline.
- To make sure that the wireless connection to which the printer and system are connected, print the network status report from the Epson printer.
- If the connection is fine, reboot the printer, router, and the system once.
Solution No. 3
Disable the SNMP settings:
For most of the people, disabling the Simple Network Management Protocol has helped with the Epson printer offline issue. The SNMP is used for a variety of different purposes on the computer. To give a try to solve the issue of the offline appearance of the printer, follow the below steps:
- Open the control panel of your system
- Locate the Device and printer and click on it
- Select the “Properties” options on the screen
- Click on “Ports” in the settings section
- Uncheck the “SNMP Status Enabled”
After this, you are good to go and your Epson printer must be online once again. If this solution fails for you, you can give a shot to the other solutions
Solution No. 4
Uncheck the “Use printer offline” feature
There are times when the “Use printer offline” feature is enabled due to which the system shows an “Epson printer offline” message on the screen. To get rid of this issue, go through the following steps:
- Use the run command to open the run box
- Type “Control” in the space
- Select “Device and Printers”
- Click on the properties of the Epson printer
- Uncheck the feature of “Use printer offline”
Reinstall the Epson printer Software
If you were not able to troubleshoot the issue of Epson printer Offline status after trying the aforementioned step, you can try this solution. You need to download the latest update of the driver software from the Epson printer support website. Once you are done with the download, follow the below steps to add it again on Windows.
- Press “Windows and R” to launch the Run command
- Type MSC
- Right-click on the Printers button from Device Manager window
- Then right-click on the Epson printer and click on Uninstall from the popup menu.
- After that, open Devices and Printers.
- In the next dialogue box, click “Add a network”, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- Add the driver software in Windows depending on the Epson Printer type you own.
- Restart the OS after that and see to it if you can use the printer going forward.
These are the most efficient steps that can resolve the Epson printer offline but in case the aforementioned solutions did not help then you may have to get in touch with the professionals. PrinterRepairNearMe is also assisting with other printer issues like Canon printer offline, hp 59 f0 error, Lexmark printhead cleaning, etc. with the best solutions. Connect with our experts over a chat and fix any kind of errors.
Submit your review
It was quite a while I am encountering the same issue. My Epson printer offline, the solution I used earlier was a failure this time. Failing to get a solution, so after trying a lot with the preceding solutions. Now, I was searching for a solution on the Internet. After several searches, I landed on a page called “Printer Repair Near Me”. The solution was effective and very delightful to ascertain those incredible solutions. You may not get a favorable outcome but don’t be stressful as the page contains several solutions for each concern. Whenever I face the Epson Printer Offline issue, I directly visit Printer Repair Near Me and obtain a perfect solution for me according to my issue.