Want to know the perfect fix for Epson printer’s “driver is unavailable” issue? Then you are in the right place. We will discuss this issue including its causes and possible solutions below in detail.
The solutions are well described in a stepwise manner so that you don’t face any difficulty while executing the steps. One of the most common reasons behind the Epson printer’s “driver is unavailable” issue is the excessive use of the printer. However, the cause of this issue may vary depending on other factors also such as handling the machine and type of the printer among others.
Here’s why you are typing “My Epson Printer Says Driver is Unavailable” in the Google search bar time and again:
- Outdated Windows or operating system versions
- Excessive use of the printer
- Mishandling of the machine (printer)
- Connection problem between the printer and the computer
If you are able to spot the mistake you have been making with your printer then you can fix it on your own. The solutions mentioned below in easy steps will make it a piece of cake for you to use your printer.
What can I do if my Epson printer driver says driver is unavailable?
You can perform the following solutions:
- Reinstall your printer driver
- Install all the available updates for your Windows
Follow the stepwise solutions mentioned below to fix Epson printer’s “driver is unavailable” issue:
Solution No. 1
Reinstall your printer driver
The printer driver is responsible for the effective working of your printer. It is necessary that you install the required driver for the Windows of your system. Follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the issue:
- Step 1 – The printer driver that you are using needs to be uninstalled before you install a new printer driver.
- Step 2 – Launch the run command by pressing Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- Step 3 – Once the Run dialogue box appears on the screen, type “devmgmt.msc” in it.
- Step 4 – Now select “OK”.
- Step 5 – Once you locate the printer driver on your system, select the “Uninstall device”.
- Step6 – There are chances that you may be prompted. If so, click on Uninstall.
Apart from this, you can also install the appropriate driver from the manufacturer’s official website of the printer you own. You can also use Driver Easy to execute the easy download of the printer driver.
Solution No. 2
Install all the updates for your Windows
Your printer driver may be unavailable due to the un-updated Windows that you might be using for a long time. It is high time that you update Windows. It has been noticed that if you do not update the Windows of your system for a long period, the chances are that it will disable the availability of your printer. Follow these instructions in case you are using Windows 10:
- Step1 – Click on “Start” on the Taskbar of your screen.
- Step 2 – Type “update” in the search box.
- Step 3 – Now click on “Check for updates”.
- Step 4 – After this step, the Windows will be updated automatically.
- Step 5 – Once the Windows updates all the installs, you can give print command and check.
In case you are a user of Windows 7:
- Step 1 – Click on “Start” on the taskbar of your screen.
- Step 2 – Type “update” in the search bar.
- Step 3 – Now click on “Check for updates” from the list of options.
- Step 4 – Once you have checked for the updates.
- Step 5 – Click on “Install updates”.
- Step 6 – Let your system complete all the required updates.
- Step 7 – Now restart your system.
- Step 8 – Try to give print command and see if the print job is done.
If you still have any queries regarding Epson printer’s “driver is unavailable’ issue, then get in touch with our experts for answers.
Facing the driver is unavailable issue with the Brother printer also? Don’t worry! Get here the stepwise solutions to fix Brother printer’s “driver is unavailable“ issue.
Submit your review