In case you are using an Epson printer and it is showcasing that the “Driver is unavailable” then you don’t have to panic as this is normal. The most common reason behind this issue is the excessive use of the printer. As in a home or an office, the print job is required quite often, we give the commands back to back due to lack of time. Apart from this, the cause of this issue may vary depending on the usage of the printer, handling of the machine, type of the printer and more.
What are the causes of my printer displaying the “Epson printer driver is unavailable”?
- Expiry of the Windows or operating system
- Excessive use of the printer
- Mishandling of the machine (printer)
- Connection problem between the printer and the computer
If you are able to spot the mistake you have been making with your printer then you can also fix it. The solutions mentioned below with easy and user-friendly steps will make it a piece of cake for you to use your printer as usual without any hurdle.
What can I do if my Epson printer driver says driver is unavailable?
To fix your Epson printer back to normal and get back to your office essential you can perform the solutions mentioned below at home. You will not require any professional technician for them.
- Reinstall your printer driver
- Install all the available updates for your Windows
Follow the steps mentioned below to recover the printer driver to available:
Solution No. 1-Reinstall your printer driver :
The printer driver is responsible for the effective working of your printer. It is necessary that you install the required driver for the windows of your system. Follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the issue:
- The printer driver that you are using needs to be uninstalled before you install a new printer driver.
- Launch the run command by pressing Windows and R together on your keyboard.
- Once the Run dialogue box appears on the screen, type “devmgmt.msc” in it.
- Now select “OK”
- Once you locate the printer driver on your system, make a selection on the “Uninstall device”.
- There are chances that you may be prompted. If so, click on Uninstall.
Apart from this, you can also install the appropriate driver from the manufacturer’s official website of the printer you own. You can also use Driver Easy to execute the easy download of the printer driver.
Solution No. 2-Make sure to install the updates for the windows you are using:
- Your printer driver may be unavailable due to the un-updated windows that you might be using for a long time. It is high time that you update the windows.
Method 2: Install all the updates for your Windows
- It has been noticed that if you do not update the windows of your system for a long period, the chances are that it will disable the availability of your printer.
- Follow these instructions in case you are using Windows 10:
- Click on “Start” on the Taskbar of your screen
- Type “update” in the search box
- Now click on “Check for updates”
- After this step, the Windows will be updated automatically.
- Once the Windows updates all the installs, you can give print command and check.
In case you are a user of Windows 7:
- Click on “Start” on the taskbar of your screen
- Type “update” in the search bar
- Now click on “Check for updates” from the list of options.
- Once you have checked for the updates
- Click on “Install updates”
- Let your system complete all the required updates
- Now restart your system
- Try to give print command and see if the print job is done
The solutions mentioned above are not exhaustive and there are chances that these may not work for anyone and everyone. If you are one of them, then get in touch with Printerrepairnearme.com professional printer repair technician to get rid of this complication.