HP printers are known for quality prints and revolutionary features that allow you to scan, print, and share remotely from any part of the world. However, like most machines, it too has a tendency to face particular errors on and off including the most common HP Printer Validation Failed.
But you should not worry as we have brought you this guide to help you deal with this error and more. So here we go:
Main Reasons Behind the HP Printer Validation Failed Error
- Paper jams
- HP printer’s carriage jam
- Internet issue
Whatever be the reason behind Printer Validation Failed on your HP OfficeJet 6978 or any other model, this guide is going to prove very useful for you.
Is your HP Envy 4500 facing printer validation failed error? Explore this guide below.
Solutions to Fix HP Printer Validation Failed
Wondering how to fix Printer Validation Failed error? Well, you should not because the following guide will help you deal with it effectively without any hassle.
Solution No. 1
Uninstall the driver
- Turn on your OS and printer.
- Now you may open the Programs and Features in case you are using the Windows PC.
- After doing so, select the name of the HP printer.
- Once the HP printer name is selected you can click on “Uninstall”.
- Now you can open the Devices and Printers.
- A list will appear in front of you from which you will have to select the name of the HP printer.
- You can now delete the device by right-clicking on the name and selecting “Delete”.
- Press Windows and R together on your keyboard to launch the Run command when you have to delete the root level drivers.
- Once the dialogue box Run pops up, you will have to type “printui.exe/s” and then click on Ok.
- Now just open the Drivers tab and delete it by right-clicking on the HP printer driver and hitting on Remove.
- Go to the “All Instances” if you wish to delete the Print Server Properties.
- After doing so, click on apply.
- Now you can now restart your system and printer and see if the issue is resolved.
Solution No. 2
Install the Driver
There are chances that the printer driver you are using is not an updated one. To replace it you may follow the steps mentioned below:
- If you want to own the updated version of the driver for your HP printer then you can go to the official website of the manufacturer and get it there.
- After reaching the official website, you will have to enter the region or country.
- After doing so, you will have to enter the product number in the space provided.
- Now you will have to select the appropriate Operating System.
- Once you do so, you will be prompted to connect the PC to the printer through the setup wizard.
- Now you will be able to install the driver successfully
Solution No. 3
Update the Firmware
One of the best ways to fix the “Printer Validation Failed” error is by updating the firmware of the printer through the control panel.
- You can press HP ePrint in case your device has an ePrint icon.
- After doing so, you will have to go to the settings or setup.
- You may now click on “Product updates” or “Check for updates”.
- If your printer has a text menu then you will have to open Settings first.
- Now go to Preferences or Tools or Printer maintenance.
- Select Web services or Printer Update.
- Once you have the conditions on your screen, accept them and move further by allowing the Web services.
- After doing this, the internet connection of the printer will be set up.
The updates will be also executed automatically after you have performed the aforementioned steps.
Solution No. 4
Installing the HP Smart App to fix HP Printer Validation Failed
- If you install the HP smart app you will be able to keep a check on all printer updates and install them.
- You can get the app on the Microsoft Store on Windows 10.
- If the printer exists in the network, the app will be able to detect it itself.
- Once you get in the app you will be able to manage the printer settings.
- In case an exclamation mark appears on the screen, it means your printer is not ready to use.
- The app will allow you to see the status of the printer, print quality reports, and much more.
- If you wish to perform any action on your printer, you will able to do it through the Printer Quality Tool.
HP Printer Models on Which Our Solutions Work
You can use the aforementioned solutions guide on all the following HP printer models:
|Printer Validation Failed HP Officejet 6978||HP Eprint Printer Validation Failed||HP Envy 7640 Printer Validation Failed||Printer Validation Failed HP Deskjet 3630||Printer Validation Failed HP Envy 5540|
|Printer Validation Failed HP Officejet pro 6970||Printer Validation Failed HP Officejet 4650||HP Officejet 4650 Printer Validation Failed||Printer Validation Failed HP Envy 4500||Printer Validation Failed HP Envy 5660|
|HP 8610 Printer Validation Failed||Printer Validation Failed HP Officejet 8710||HP Officejet Pro 8600 Printer Validation Failed||Printer Validation Failed HP Envy 4520||Printer Validation Failed HP Envy 7640|
|HP Envy 4500 Printer Validation Failed||HP Envy 4520 Printer Validation Failed||HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Validation Failed||Printer Validation Failed HP Envy 5000||Printer Validation Failed HP Officejet 3830|
|HP Jetadvantage Printer Validation Failed||HP Envy 5000 Printer Validation Failed||Printer Validation Failed HP Deskjet 2600||Printer Validation Failed HP Envy 5530||Printer Validation Failed HP Officejet 8610|
So the mystery of how to fix HP Printer Validation Failed error can be easily dealt with the aforementioned steps. PrinterRepairNearMe to you more guides on a variety of HP printer errors and issues such as HP Printer Offline, HP 59 f0 error, and HP printer printing blank pages among others. Contact us today to resolve HP printer issues anytime.
Submit your review
Average rating: 3 reviews
Jan 30, 2020
While doing some important work my hp printer started showing validation failed error message and I was very irritated due to this. I googled for a solution to this problem and then found the https://www.printerrepairnearme.com/ page. There are various solutions mentioned here for the hp printer validation failed error. My problem was solved by following the 3rd solution. Good website and the steps are well described.
Jan 29, 2020
The hp printer validation failed error message was troubling me a lot and i did not know what to do. So, I searched online for a solution to this problem. There were many websites showing the solutions for this problem but I found the genuine solution on this page. I just followed all the mentioned steps and the printer validation failed error prompt was fixed. The steps are easy and you can do it all alone. Thumbs up for the genuine and accurate solution.
Jan 29, 2020
My HP Printer Validation Failed, so for the solution I searched on the internet, ask some close friends but the resolution is not up to the mark. I searched the solution in my favorite page Printer Repair Near Me, in the first instances the solution does not work but when I followed 2nd step my printer started to function. The step was simple, I just need to install the driver and my printer validation ignited accurately. One can easily follow the steps and resolve their problem efficiently.
Hi, I tried every single troubleshooting method mentioned in this article and I am still facing the same, Printer Validation Failed error message on my printing machine. I have a Dell laptop, is it possible that the aforementioned steps are not applicable to the Dell laptops. I don’t always face this printer problem, it’s been convenient to print numerous documents from the HP printer, but today is a black day. I even tried to switch off my laptop and restart, but it did not help. Help me with another solution or guide me on how to implement these correctly.
Hi, I am using the HP inkjet printer for more than two years now and I never faced this issue until today. Today, when I was printing an important document from the HP printer, I gave the command to print it but after some time, ‘HP Inkjet printer validation failed’ error this message showed up on my printer’s screen as well as my computer’s screen. I faced many other printer related problems and could solve by following solutions on your website. But, could not get rid of this one. Not even my expert friends can, Please help me with some effective troubleshooting methods to fix this problem.
Canon Pixma TS3211 printer has never troubled me so far. But, yesterday, when I was printing a text message from my iPhone 7 device, while the printer was printing. I suddenly read a ‘Canon printer validation failed error’ message on the screen of my printer. I canceled my print job and request for printing once again but facing the same Canon printer error. Even switch off and switch on the printer could not help, kindly help me with an easy and effective solution for how am I suppose to deal with my printer when it is showing a printer validation failed error.
Never imagine that I almost ended up regretting buying an HP 2630 printer. Yesterday, while printing an image from a newly bought HP printer, I suddenly saw an error message on my printer’s screen that said, ‘HP 2630 printer validation failed error’. I had wasted many hours trying to fix it on my own but, it was not working at all. Then I started searching about this error and found this article, this article has some tremendous solutions along with the reasons why was I even facing this problem. After following the easy steps mentioned in this article, I could scan, connect to wifi, and print very conveniently.
I have a Brother MFC-L 2701DW All-in-One laser printer that is connected via a USB connection. When I bought the printer, I performed the setup by following one of the printer setup guide mentioned by you. But, I don’t what happened to my smoothly functioning printer. Now, it is not printing, not even scanning, only showing ‘Brother printer validation failed error’. After a while, I again tried sending data to the printer, but my printer is not printing finished. Please help me with an effective solution that can help me in dealing with this printer related problem.