Despite being the best printing devices company in the world, People often get stuck with various error messages and problems with the Canon printers. The most common issues that have been reported by the users are ‘Canon printer not responding. If you are also one of them and continue getting the pop error message saying “Canon printer not responding” then there is nothing to panic. This issue may occur due to numerous reasons and causes. Below are the general reasons:
- When the user forgets to plug-in the power cable
- False setting on the system while installation procedure of printer device
- Mechanical glitches inside the Canon printer device
- When the printer located on the network is inappropriately connected.
There can be several reasons and similarly, several solutions are there as well. To know how to get a hold of this issue and know the root cause of your Canon printer not responding, continue with this life-saving article.
How to Fix Canon Printer Not Responding Error?
Solution No. 1
In the case of Canon Wireless Printer Not Responding
At times when the printer is connected to the system wirelessly, chances are that the printer may not respond due to a communication problem. To diagnose this issue, make sure to stick to these steps:
- Press the Setup button of your Canon printer
- Now, go to the “Wireless LAN” setup and press “OK”
- Select “Easy Setup” and press “OK” again
- Go for the Access point
- Next, enter the WiFi password and press “OK”
- Insert the Setup disk in the computer
Solution No. 2
Turn the Network Discovery ON
Most of the time, the printer is not responding because of the network issue it has been facing. To gid rid of this issue, keep a check on the network as it is the network that enables the system to see other devices connected to it.
- Select the Start button on the extreme left bottom of your screen
- Now click on the Control Panel
- Select the Network and Internet
- Now select “Network and Sharing Centre”
- After that choose “Advanced Sharing settings”
- In case the Network Discovery is turned OFF, click on the radio button to turn the Network discovery ON.
Solution No. 3
Keep a check on the Printer Spooler Service
The print spooler service is responsible for managing all the print jobs that are sent to the printer of the computer. If the service is disabled, the printer will not receive the commands and will not work eventually. Though the printer service is visible to the users and the print job lined up can also be canceled by the user itself to manage the print task.
- Click on the Start menu on the screen
- Type Services in the search box opened
- Select the Print Spooler option
- And then select properties
- Now enable the print service
Solution No. 4
Disable the third-party firewall or the security suite
An overprotective firewall often generates the issue where the printer stops responding. Though the inbuilt solution is quite unrestrictive but the third-party antivirus suites like McAffee, Avira, AVG, etc are considered to create such problems. So many users say that they have encountered this issue and reported that their antivirus solution ended up blocking the spooler subsystem app which made the wireless connection incurable.
Solution No. 5
Use the printer troubleshooter:
The troubleshooter of windows is generally known for being unhelpful in such cases but it has helped quite a few people and you never know it can be helpful to be you as well. You need to keep the following steps in head to configure the issue of “Printer not responding”.
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run Box.
- Type “control.exe /name Microsoft.Troubleshooting”
- Press “Enter” to open Windows Troubleshoot.
- Once the troubleshoot window opens up, scroll down and select “Printer’
- Now click on “Run the troubleshooter”
- After this, the troubleshooter will detect the problem and reflect it on the screen
- If there is any inconsistency found, then you will be asked to follow repair strategies
- Now you just need to restart the computer and see if the issue is resolved.
Solution No. 6
Change the USB port
If you are receiving a constant message of “Canon printer not responding” on your system then there might be an issue with the USB connected to it. At times, we make such innocent mistakes of not checking these minor facts. It is possible that the USB is completely fine but the port in which it is connected is not working properly. It is advisable to switch the port once. Do the following steps once and see if you get rid of the issue:
- open a Run box (Windows key + R)
- type “devmgmt.msc”
- Press “Enter” to open Device Manager.
- Expand the drop-down menu associated with the Universal Serial Bus controller
- Find the exclamation points near the icons.
- Right-click on the associated entry
- choose Uninstall device if you find any occurrence
Note: This article consists of the easiest methods of fixing errors like:
|Canon mx922 printer not responding||Canon mx490 printer not responding||Canon mx920 printer not responding|
|Canon mg3600 printer not responding||Canon maxify printer not responding||Canon mg3020 printer not responding|
|Canon mg5500 series printer not responding||Canon mp470 printer not responding||Canon mx532 printer not responding|
|Canon Pixma mg2920 printer not responding||Canon mg2900 printer not responding||Canon Pixma 490 printer not responding|
The methods mentioned above consist of the most efficient and easier steps that will definitely fix the Canon printer not responding but, in case the aforementioned solutions did not help then you may have to get in touch with the professionals. With the best solutions. Connect with our experts over a chat and fix any kind of errors.
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews
Just tried the very first method of the given solution, the solution on my Canon IP1188 Inkjet printer. It did not work, although the second solution of how to deal with Canon printer not responding to print commands is very useful. The steps are so easy to execute. It hardly took 20 minutes for me to perform the entire method and get my Canon printer on track. Now, I am able to print as many documents as I want with no hassle, thanks to you.
I recently bought a new Canon IP1188 Inkjet Printer and connected it to my wireless network and Dell Inspiron laptop. Printing documents from this machine was an easy job until yesterday. I was in a frustrating condition once my printing machine showed ‘Canon Printer not responding’ as whatever print command I tried to give, the printer was not responding. Then I started looking for troubleshooting solutions regarding the same error and came across this article. After applying the quick steps mentioned here, I could solve the printer issue on my own.
I have a Canon Pixma MP640 printer at my home. It was working fine but before a couple of days, I found an updated version of my Canon printer driver and gave access to the system to update. I left the device and did not use it for a day as I did not need to but, when today I requested to print a document, received a ‘Canon printer not responding error message’ on my screen. I also tried to reboot my system after facing the Canon printer error but could not get rid of it. At last, this article helped me throughout the troubleshooting process. Thanks to the tech experts, the mentioned method complies with some really easy steps that I could execute on my own.
I was printing an important document and suddenly my printer faced a technical problem. I did not know how to deal with it when I received an error message that is Canon printer not responding but when I started searching about it on Google and came across this website. I opened this page and went through the detailed information about the problem. The resolutions for this problem were very helpful to me and it was not even difficult to follow or implement. I could implement the steps on my own without any help thanks for this great help.
My Canon printer suddenly stopped working today and the following error message prompted up on my printer’s screen, ‘Canon printer not responding’. Firstly, I tried to reboot both the devices, computer, and printer and then, again tried to print, still could not solve it on my own. Also went to the Canon printer support but facing the same issue again and again. Before I called for a printer repair, I did a quick research on the Internet and landed on this page. Tried the very first fix and could easily bring back my printer on work.