A well-working printer is the heart of an office. Most of the tasks revolve around a printer. But what happens if your printer driver is unavailable? It will definitely hold a lot of essential work in the queue. Well, you should drop all your worries as we have the fix to all such printer errors faced by the users.
It will become easier for you to solve the problem if you know the root cause of the issue. Though there is more than just a single reason for this error. The fixes to this complication are also multiple. It does not matter what brand or type of printer you are using, whether it is an HP printer, or Dell printer, or Brother printer or any other brand the fix is almost the same. Keep scrolling if you wish to eliminate the root cause.
What is causing the unavailability of my printer driver?
As mentioned above, there are more than one causes to the issue faced and some of them are listed below:
- Corrupt software driver
- Incompletion update of any file
- Crashing of Windows installed on the system
- Wrong driver installation
Please note that the aforementioned list is not exhaustive.
What should I do if the printer driver is unavailable?
Solution No. 1 – Uninstall the printer driver entirely
- Press “Windows + R” together to launch the Run command
- Type “Control” in the Run search box after that
- Open the Control Panel now
- Select “Devices and Printers” after the control panel opens
- The name of the printer in action will appear on the screen. Once you spot your printer name, make a selection on it
- Remove Device option has to be selected
- Press Windows + R again once more to launch the Run Command
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the run command box
- Select the option of Print Queues
- Open the Run command box once more by pressing Windows + R
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the Run command box
- Press “Enter”
- Make a selection on “Printer Application”
- Go for “Uninstall the application’
- Disconnect the printer from the system after the execution of the steps mentioned above
- Restart the system and the printer once
- Grab the CD that you received with your printer
- Now install the original application driver from the CD
- Go to the Control Panel now
- Select the option “Default printer” now
- To make sure the problem is fixed, you can give a print command
Solution No 2 – Make sure to install the latest version of the driver
The aforementioned method indicates how you can reinstall the latest version of the driver. But in case the CD you have is corrupted or due to any other reason you were not able to execute the solution mentioned above, you can try this one. You can reinstall the driver manually too and resolve this problem.
- Firstly, uninstall the printer driver
- Open the web browser
- go to the official website of the manufacturer of your printer
- Go for the Driver Download option on the screen
- Now select for the machine which will be on the top-left corner of your window
- Select the appropriate region
- Go for the Device you are using. Make sure that the model number and model name is appropriate.
- Make a selection on “Full Driver and Software Package”
- Select the download option
- Now save the file in “.exe” version
- Select ‘extract” after the download is finished
- Select Run
- Now select Run
- You should now connect the printer and the system
- Try to give the print command now and check
Solution No. 3 – Update the Windows
Often the users procrastinate in updating the Windows of their OS which may be responsible for the unavailability of the printer driver. The fix is as easy as ABC and can be done by any user while eliminating the need of a professional technician. Stick to the steps mentioned below to escape from this issue:
- Firstly, turn ON your system and the printer
- Make a selection on “Start” which is appeared on the taskbar of the screen
- Once you have done this, you can choose the “Control Panel” from the list
- Locate the option of “Update Windows” in the list of options
- Doing so will lead you to another list of options from which you have to select “Check for updates”.
- Now all the updates available will be in front of you at once
- To make sure that everything on the system is updated and nothing remains outdated, you may select “Update”
- Make a selection on the “Download center link”
- Select on “Download”
- “Open to install the file automatically option” is the last thing that you will have to select now
- Make a selection on “Save” to pack the process you have performed
- Now you can give a print command to check if the problem is resolved
It is important for you to know that the aforementioned solutions are not exhaustive though they all are acclaimed to be effective. Once you have performed the steps of the solutions mentioned above the chances are that you will find a fix to the issue faced. But in any case, you are not able to find the solution, you don’t have to panic and think that your printer is useless. The fix maybe not in hands of an unprofessional person, and can definitely be resolved by a trained technician who is well-versed with the solutions of such issues faced.
If you don’t know any professional technician, you can get in touch with Printer Repair Near Me to get the service at your doorsteps. The experts sent by printerrepairnearme.com will come to your place and provide the service. Just in case you are not satisfied with the service provided by them, you will get 100% cash-back.