In today’s world, most of us need printers for managing vital documents as hard copies. Different people own different types of printers depending on the nature of the work. Regardless of the type of printer, it needs to be connected to an OS to function. If you are willing to connect your printer to the Apple software, i.e, MAC, and failing at it then you can stop worrying as we have some handy fixes to it.
If you are facing this issue, then you must be receiving a message that the “printer is not responding MAC” on your screen. There can be more than one reason behind this issue, but the fix is quite hassle-free. The chances are that the installation procedure must have had some error and is causing this issue.
What can I do if the mac printer is not responding?
We have n number of solutions to this issue but the ones listen down below are the most effective and efficient.
Solution No.1 – Revitalize the printer
If your printer is connected to a Wifi network:
- Start by turning your printer On
- Now turn it off
- Make sure you wait for a while
- Now turn it back on
- Now check if the error is still there or not
Solution No. 2 – Application of settings:
If the error continues by showcasing “mac printer is not responding” even after revitalizing the printer then you can follow the following steps to fix the error:
- Turn on your MAC OS first
- Now click on the menu
- Make a selection on the system preferences
- Now select Hardware
- You have to choose Print and Fax after that
- Now you can make a selection on the plus (+) icon
- Highlight the printer you are willing to connect
- Now make a selection on “Add”
- You are done, now check if the issue is resolved
Solution No. 3 – In case you are connecting the printer via USB:
- The printer and the OS should be on
- Disconnect the USB from both the printer and the OS
- Make a selection on the System Preferences on your MAC OS
- Now you make select Print and fax which is under the Hardware section
- Now firmly reconnect the USB to the printer and the OS
- Once the system becomes aware of the connection of the cable (printer), it will start to show up the screen
- If not so, you can connect the printer cable to another free port
The solutions mentioned above are known to effective in the majority of cases, but there are times when it may not work for you. In case it is not helping you get rid of the issue, you will have to get in touch with a trained professional. In case you do not know any expert, then you can contact Printer Repair Near Me and get in touch with the technicians who are well-versed in solving such issues. Printerrepairnearme.com will provide the best printer repair services and get rid of this error.